Presbyterian Communities of South Carolina
Job Posting for President/Chief Executive Officer
October 1, 2019
Presbyterian Communities of South Carolina (PCSC) has served seniors in South Carolina since 1958. Affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA), PCSC is a compassionate Christian ministry offering continuing care retirement living at six locations across the state in Clinton, Easley, Florence, Lexington, West Columbia and Summerville. PCSC is a not-for-profit organization overseen by a volunteer Board of Trustees.
PCSC is seeking a President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to oversee all operations and business activities to ensure the desired results are consistent with the organization’s mission and values; develop high quality strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives of the ministry; and, lead, motivate and develop a high performing executive managerial team.
The CEO responsibilities will include, but not limited to, enforcing adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the organization’s legality and business ethics; review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements; build trust relations with constituents; and analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure organization survival and growth.
The CEO position is based in Columbia and frequent travel is required.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Three years of senior management in multi-site retirement communities
- Three years of experience working with a volunteer Board of Trustees
- Valid driver's license
- Intermediate computer skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Business, Health Care Administration or related field
- Demonstrated success in strategic planning, Board education, fund raising and management
- Understanding of South Carolina’s long term care issues within a not for profit organization
- Positive working relationships with Presbyterian Church (USA) congregations
PCSC is an equal opportunity employer.
All cover letters and resumes are appreciated but reply will only be made with those chosen for an interview.
Please email your cover letter and resume, along with three references, to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 2019.