A Philosophy of Wellness
At Presbyterian Communities, we encourage residents to participate in our comprehensive wellness program. The program is constructed to integrate the Seven Dimensions of Wellness into daily choices and routines for a more productive and engaging lifestyle.
This philosophy of wholeness is woven into the efforts of promoting individual preferences and meaning. Emphasis is on providing a more enriching life experience through the power of knowledge.
Seven Dimensions of Wellness
- Physical | Balancing physical activity, diet/nutrition, and rest to keep one’s physical body in good condition.
- Emotional | Coping effectively with life by being attentive to personal thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, as well as those of others.
- Social | Developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system of relationships for contribution and appreciation.
- Spiritual | Expanding one’s sense of purpose and meaning in life that is reflected in their personal beliefs, values, and faith.
- Intellectual | Engaging the mind to expand knowledge and skills while tapping into one’s creative abilities and interest with opportunities.
- Vocational | Deriving personal satisfaction from meaningful contribution to others that uses one’s gifts, skills, interests, and talents.
- Environmental | Creating and participating in surroundings that are safe, supporting, and affirm a feeling of connection of harmony with the earth and those they encounter.
Fitness & Well-being
In our PCSC senior living communities in South Carolina, health and well-being are top of mind. Wellness Directors focus on fitness and overall well-being while promoting an environment filled with purpose, fun, and vitality. PCSC Wellness Directors coordinate health and well-being learning opportunities while directing a variety of fitness activities designed for various abilities. This programming focuses on strength training, balance, yoga, and cardiovascular exercise. Personal training sessions are also available to help accommodate even the most unique needs and abilities.
Contact Presbyterian Communities of South Carolina to learn more about meaningful health and wellness for seniors.