Experience Whole Wellness at PCSC
At The Foothills Presbyterian Community, we encourage residents to participate in our comprehensive wellness program. The program is constructed to integrate the Seven Dimensions of Wellness into daily choices and routines for a more productive and engaging lifestyle. This “wholeness” philosophy is woven into the efforts of promoting individual preferences and meaning. Emphasis is on providing a more enriching life experience through the power of knowledge.
Seven Dimensions of Wellness
- Physical | Balancing physical activity, diet/nutrition, and rest to keep one’s physical body in good condition.
- Emotional | Coping effectively with life by being attentive to personal thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, as well as those of others.
- Social | Developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system of relationships for contribution and appreciation.
- Spiritual | Expanding one’s sense of purpose and meaning in life that is reflected in their personal beliefs, values, and faith.
- Intellectual | Engaging the mind to expand knowledge and skills while tapping into one’s creative abilities and interest with opportunities.
- Vocational | Deriving personal satisfaction from meaningful contribution to others that uses one’s gifts, skills, interests, and talents.
- Environmental | Creating and participating in surroundings that are safe, supporting, and affirm a feeling of connection of harmony with the earth and those they encounter.
Fitness and Well-being
At The Foothills Presbyterian Community, health and well-being are top of mind. That is why our Wellness Director focuses on fitness and overall well-being while promoting an environment filled with fun and vitality. PCSC Wellness Directors coordinate learning opportunities while directing a variety of fitness classes designed for various abilities.
Our fitness schedule includes activities which focus on strength training, balance, yoga, and cardiovascular exercise. Personal training sessions are also available for those who need or prefer a one-on-one approach to health and well-being.
Explore our wellness program further by contacting PCSC senior living community in Easley, South Carolina, today.