For many seniors who imagine a fulfilling retirement lifestyle, they don’t often picture the hassles of taking care of a home that’s too large for their needs or spending time and energy on an ever-growing list of chores and repairs. More likely, seniors looking forward to retirement imagine a lifestyle that gives them the freedom to travel, relax or pursue their passions. You’ve worked too hard to spend your retirement worrying.
“When seniors retire, they often find that regular upkeep and home maintenance take more time, energy and money than they used to,” says Paul Pridmore, Executive Director at The Clinton Presbyterian Community in Clinton, SC. “Not only that, but health also becomes a factor as the years go by. Unfortunately for some, their retirement years are ones filled with uncertainty and ‘just getting by,’ rather than the peace of mind they deserve.
“At The Clinton Presbyterian Community, we find that our residents experience retirement the way it was intended, without all the burdens of homeownership or isolation. We take care of the worrisome tasks of everyday life so residents can spend their time enjoying the things they love. Plus, as a Life Plan community, we offer peace of mind when it comes to the possibility for future care needs.”
If you’ve been searching for the retirement lifestyle that fits your ideals and expectations, learn why independent living offer seniors the freedom and peace of mind they’re looking for!
6 Benefits to an Independent Living Lifestyle
Seniors can certainly experience an independent lifestyle living at home, but independent living at a senior living community redefines independence in a whole new way. From maintenance-free accommodations to wellness planning, independent living gives seniors all the tools they need to build their ideal retirement. Here’s how:
- “Rightsizing” – If you’re living on your own or with your spouse, chances are you don’t need the space of a large family home. It makes sense to downsize to the kind of space that’s right for your current lifestyle. And at a senior living community, you can put your home equity to good use. Say goodbye to pricey home repairs, property tax or other financial burdens.
- No More Maintenance – Household chores and seasonal maintenance can be overwhelming, expensive, and as we get older, too difficult or dangerous to manage. At an independent living community, you don’t have to spend your time doing chores. Housekeeping, maintenance and even transportation are often included.
- Less Stress – With all the services provided at an independent living community, you can stop worrying about things that take away your time, energy, money and even health, and start enjoying some peace of mind.
- Socialization – Social isolation can be a subtle, progressive drain on your mental health and happiness. At a senior living community, social interaction and involvement are easy. Keeping an active social life is a key part of healthy aging, leading to better health and quality of life.
- Security – Safety and security occur naturally in a community setting. You no longer need to worry about a break-in or an inclement weather crisis stranding you away from necessities. Plus, communities are usually equipped with emergency call systems, in case you should ever experience a health emergency.
- Promise for the Future – Residents who choose a Life Plan community such as The Clinton Presbyterian Community experience the peace of mind that comes with knowing their future is secure. A continuum of care services such as assisted living and memory care support ensure that any health needs you acquire will be taken care of, right at home, eliminating worries about moving to a different place or being separated from a spouse or other loved ones due to care needs.
Set Your Retirement Free
“There are countless reasons why seniors choose to make the move to independent living,” says Pridmore, “but the peace of mind they experience is universal. Carefree living is more than just not having to worry about chores or owning a home. It’s knowing that you’re part of a community who care about you and support you. The residents at The Clinton Presbyterian Community share a common zest for engagement and healthy living. Our programs, amenities, services and staff combine to create an environment that supports each resident as they pursue the life they love. Independent living makes this kind of retirement dream a reality.”
If you would like to know more about independent living or the services available at The Clinton Presbyterian Community, contact us today!
Senior Care with Small-Town Charm
Welcome to The Clinton Presbyterian Community, located on historic Musgrove Street in Clinton, South Carolina. Our 40-acre, full-service Life Plan Community offers residents an environment of natural beauty and a choice of vibrant lifestyle to match.
Residents of our community enjoy the southern charm of small-town life and the connections and culture of Clinton’s collegiate atmosphere. Here, seniors don’t simply receive amenities and services – they thrive in a community specially designed to help them live each day to its fullest potential.
Longevity & Innovation as a Life Plan Community
The Clinton Presbyterian Community is a Life Plan Community, offering a wide range of senior lifestyles and services including independent living, assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing care and short-term rehabilitation.
We believe a Life Plan Community should allow future planning and living to merge. Having a plan in place – and the security of access to a continuum of health care services – grants residents the freedom to live life to the fullest.
A Legacy of Service
As one of the Presbyterian Communities of South Carolina, The Clinton Presbyterian Community is a compassionate Christian ministry committed to enriching the quality of life for seniors of all faiths. Built on the values of relationships, service, teamwork and excellence, we ensure our mission and faith are honored daily. While striving to create the highest quality of retirement lifestyles for our residents, we work each day to enrich the spiritual, physical, and emotional well-being of seniors and their families, with our deep heritage leading the way.
Learn more about The Clinton Presbyterian Community. Contact us today!